1949 a one-story classroom building that had been acquired
as U.S. Government surplus from the Topaz Relocation Center
near Delta, was completed and put into use. This building
was located south and east of the Industrial Arts Building.
Called “The Annex”, it housed the Bookstore, Student Social
Center and Public Relations Office as well as sections of
Journalism, Industrial Arts, Social Science and English.
much construction was attempted on the old campus after the
Annex because plans were beginning for a new campus on the
east side of the city.